AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Use of keywords in google shopping feeds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question on keywords. I have a google shopping product - for example a kids wash bag. I have categorised the data in the feed against age so it should show as being a product aimed at kids. However looking at what search terms in adwords that are bringing up the product "wash bags" on its own is bringing up more views than "kids wash bags" - i understand how to use negative keywords but is it possible to add keywords which must be included in a search to bring up a particular product? ie only show if people are including the word children's or kids in their search?

many thanks

ian

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian H
June 2016

Re: Use of keywords in google shopping feeds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ian,

Unfortunately no; you cannot use positive keywords in your Google Shopping campaigns. But yes as you said you can definitely use the negative keywords. My suggestion would be wait until your account stabilizes and shows your Product ad more often to the specific audiences because when you add negatives, it takes sometime to perform the account optimally.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ian H
June 2016

Re: Use of keywords in google shopping feeds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ian,

Unfortunately no; you cannot use positive keywords in your Google Shopping campaigns. But yes as you said you can definitely use the negative keywords. My suggestion would be wait until your account stabilizes and shows your Product ad more often to the specific audiences because when you add negatives, it takes sometime to perform the account optimally.

Pankaj