AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Upgrade Urls Shopping Campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received a notification saying "Upgrade your destination URLs by March 25th, 2016". But I only have Shopping Campaign Ads. 

Does anyone know if we have to upgrade these type of ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upgrade Urls Shopping Campaigns?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Troy,

This notification can be ignored in your case. The upgraded url feature does not apply to shopping-campaigns. The ad's landing-page is contained within the submitted (feed) data. The upgraded-url feature already exists for shopping-campaigns, especially if tracking-templates are used. The information to trigger a review or not is self-contained within the submitted (feed) data.

Hope this clears things up

Re: Upgrade Urls Shopping Campaigns?

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Troy,

An email notification went out to all advertisers, both those who still need to upgrade and those who are fully upgraded, so just make sure to read the email you received--it will let you know whether there is any action you need to take in your account. Keep in mind that the system considers paused ads, keywords, ad extensions, etc., so if you had a different type of campaign running in the past that is now paused and has not been upgraded, that may be triggering it.

Hope that helps!
Cassie