AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Unexpected image processing error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone

I have read other posts on this issue but having followed the steps outlined I don't seem to be able to resolve it.

Suddenly I have a whole lot of products disallowed on Google Shopping because of "Unexpected image processing error"

When I look at them in diagnostics all the "Open image #1" opens the correct image.

What seems strange to me is that in the "Crawled at" column the dates go back to 2015. Is this usual? I have tried uplifting the datafeed again but the dates don't change.

I have recently changed servers and hosting companies and although the site was down for about 12 hours for the migration a couple of weeks ago, the new hosting has given us much quicker loading times.

I am trying to narrow down the reason for this sudden problem and wonder if I should I ignore the dates in the "Crawled at" column or are they significant?

Thanks for any help

Richard

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Try a test by changing the filename on a couple of products.

Make sure no special characters are in the filename, keep it alphanumeric with hyphens and or underscore.

Test the image url's against response codes

If you give a couple of examples, we might be able to identify the issue.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel

I picked 5 products and changed the product name and redid the image with a different name. I ftp the new images and resubmitted the data feed. 3 out of the 5 products were no longer listed in the error report but 2 are still on the list with the old file name and old image name. In the meantime more products have been added to the list of disallowed products which continues to grow.

It looks like if I change the file name and image name they may be accepted but there are over 80 and the list keeps growing. It would seem better to sort out why it is happening because I have 1000s of products on shopping and it would be a mamouth task to change everyone.

Here are some examples of disallowed images

https://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/catalog/media/Wedgwood/50116405605.jpg

https://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/catalog/media/Nao/2001710.jpg

https://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/catalog/media/arthur_price/KIPA0620.jpg

https://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/catalog/media/arthur_price/bead_silver_general.jpg

https://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/catalog/media/Denby/124010612.jpg

Any help in solving this would be really appreciated. 

Richard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm with Richard; I don't want to have to manually change all of these - because I will have to rename files, upload them to the site, copy the image link, and override them in the feed - hundreds of images and the list is growing - would take many man hours - so only if I absolutely have to. Which is what I would like to know - why the change? These have been fine for quite some time and then all of sudden hundred's of errors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FYI: I'm on a call with AdWords support right now and they said they are experiencing technical difficulties with this issue currently and it's clear that my account is being affected. She put me on hold to find out where they're at on this issue. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You can append a query string at the end of the filename such as ?=v=randomnumber

Than you don't need to edit the file name, just add the above in bold in the data feed after the image. So you would see something like the below.

https://www.kingsandqueens.org.uk/catalog/media/Wedgwood/50116405605.jpg?=v=randomnumber

This forces Google to recrawl the image.

You might also need to report this issue to Google, by logging into Google Merchant and click feedback in the top right corner.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emanuel for your assistance. 

I did just get of the phone with support and she said that they are currently working on this as it is flagged as a "High Priority Technical Issue" and she will be calling me back with updates and/or when it's resolved. She did say it would most likely be resolved today since it's high priority. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jodie

Would you be prepared to post anything you get back from Google by way of an explanation or fix here?

Emmanuel's suggestion may work but as both yours and my list keeps growing, it would mean adding the extra code to each image link individually which will take a month of Sundays.

If I find out anything else I will also post here too. 

Don't you just "Love" Google???

Thanks

Richard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Richard, 

I will definitely let you know what all I find out about this...for sure! I hear you. I'm not going to do anything if the issue is not on my end. Again, obviously, if I have to, then I will - but only if it's absolutely necessary. 

Yep, gotta love it! 

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Im seeing the same issue on all my accounts. 1-12% of items are affected at this point. That number has been increasing since yesterday. Unfortunately my AMs have gone home for the day and the support is closed. Will have to deal with this in the morning. 

Would appreciate if you could post here when you get any updates.