AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to edit 'general settings' in merchant center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm unable to edit my general settings in the Google Merchant center so I can get my website URL verified.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa S
September 2015

Re: Unable to edit 'general settings' in merchant center

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I logged into my Merchant Center account today and was able to save the edits I made to my settings (website verification) and the drop down options for the Time and Language were accessible as well.
The 'technical bug' affecting my account has been fixed. I hope the same has happened on all of your accounts too!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
try simply signing-out of google altogether,
clearing all the browser's cache and cookies --
or using a different browser entirely --
and then claim the site.

otherwise, google may be contacted here --
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/website_verification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tried all the things you mentioned Celebird, but none of them worked.

Have been contacting adwords/GMC support since last Thursday 04/10 and all they say is, yes its a known issue, we are working on it. Will get back within 24 hours with updates but nobody reverts Smiley Sad. Wondering if there is an alternative way to claim the domain - through some API or something.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Problem also with 'General Settings' but just beyond verification which has already been completed for a client in our multi-client account. We cannot add information about the client's business. We have tried in two separate browsers with no luck... can populate fields but submit button not responsive (and time zone and language selectors without menu options.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been having the same problems-- since last Thursday.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I ended up getting a response on 4/18 from an Adwords support ticket I put in and here's a bit of an update:
This is a technical bug that we have just been updated about that is affecting certain Merchant Center accounts. This is being worked on as we speak. I have just asked for an update - and I have not been provided with an estimated time that this will be resolved. I submitted your account as one of the accounts that have been affected.
As soon as this bug has been resolved, I will provide you with an update. Your account is one of many accounts that have been compromised. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue with these accounts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the update. I noticed the issue still persists today so I
guess a solution is still being developed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also have been having problems as well, looking forward to an update! Thanks for all your input guys.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I noticed that it began when I needed to change the URL that was claimed.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lisa S
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I logged into my Merchant Center account today and was able to save the edits I made to my settings (website verification) and the drop down options for the Time and Language were accessible as well.
The 'technical bug' affecting my account has been fixed. I hope the same has happened on all of your accounts too!