AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to claim & verify our website URL for Google Merchant to implement a Google Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Support and Forum Friends,

Our website is hosted at  Wix.com our domain is regiestered with Goddady. 

So far I have tried:

1. HTML file upload, I upload the HTML file as code on the home page however I have no access the source code. So this attempt fails everytime I try it.

2. HTML tag, Again no access to source code which is why I think this is not working either.  

3. I have Google analytics programmed on Wix for this url, and still when attempting to verify, verification fails.

4. Google Tag Manager, again no access to source, attempt fails.

I called Google Adwords support they referred me to the same article I have been reading and applying. Then, as I went on telling the Google Adwords Rep that I have tried it all on the support articles, he referred me to this forum. 

Hopefully I can get this resolved today, I have been trying to do this verification for the past 2 weeks with no luck. The domain and hosting is mine, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Juan Castellanos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juan Luis C
June 2016

Re: Unable to claim & verify our website URL for Google Merchant to implement a Google Shopping

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There isn't a tab at the top with other methods?

Have you tried these steps for adding the HTML tag?

https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/verifying-your-site-using-header-codes

View solution in original post

Re: Unable to claim & verify our website URL for Google Merchant to implement a Google Shopping

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Is another option given to you adding a record to the domain name?

In Wix, if you look at a page and "view HTML" can you insert the tag there?

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ali!

On the DNS Records?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes - there'll be a way in GoDaddy to do this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok yes I see an option to modify DNS Records on both on Godaddy and Wix.

What should I do there ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In the validation methods for your site, was there one that was something like "add a DNS record"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Sir only these four methods are available:
1. HTML file upload.
2. HTML tag.
3. Google analytics.
4. Google Tag Manager.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juan Luis C
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There isn't a tab at the top with other methods?

Have you tried these steps for adding the HTML tag?

https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/verifying-your-site-using-header-codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow you are the best man!!!!!! Thank you so much! it worked I put the meta tag on the header section and it worked like a charm!!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Glad you got it sorted!