AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to claim & verify our website URL for Google Merchant to implement a Google Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Support and Forum Friends,

Our website is hosted at  Wix.com our domain is regiestered with Goddady. 

So far I have tried:

1. HTML file upload, I upload the HTML file as code on the home page however I have no access the source code. So this attempt fails everytime I try it.

2. HTML tag, Again no access to source code which is why I think this is not working either.  

3. I have Google analytics programmed on Wix for this url, and still when attempting to verify, verification fails.

4. Google Tag Manager, again no access to source, attempt fails.

I called Google Adwords support they referred me to the same article I have been reading and applying. Then, as I went on telling the Google Adwords Rep that I have tried it all on the support articles, he referred me to this forum. 

Hopefully I can get this resolved today, I have been trying to do this verification for the past 2 weeks with no luck. The domain and hosting is mine, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Juan Castellanos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juan Luis C
June 2016

Re: Unable to claim & verify our website URL for Google Merchant to implement a Google Shopping

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There isn't a tab at the top with other methods?

Have you tried these steps for adding the HTML tag?

https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/verifying-your-site-using-header-codes

View solution in original post

Re: Unable to claim & verify our website URL for Google Merchant to implement a Google Shopping

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Is another option given to you adding a record to the domain name?

In Wix, if you look at a page and "view HTML" can you insert the tag there?

Ali

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ali!

On the DNS Records?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes - there'll be a way in GoDaddy to do this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok yes I see an option to modify DNS Records on both on Godaddy and Wix.

What should I do there ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In the validation methods for your site, was there one that was something like "add a DNS record"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No Sir only these four methods are available:
1. HTML file upload.
2. HTML tag.
3. Google analytics.
4. Google Tag Manager.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juan Luis C
June 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There isn't a tab at the top with other methods?

Have you tried these steps for adding the HTML tag?

https://www.wix.com/support/html5/article/verifying-your-site-using-header-codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow you are the best man!!!!!! Thank you so much! it worked I put the meta tag on the header section and it worked like a charm!!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Glad you got it sorted!