AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

URL down because url-typo won't clear by uploading corrected feed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a lot to learn for a new user.   I finally realized the error message about my URL being down was because I added a new product with an upper case letter in the URL of the product.. This doesn't work in a Linux/Apache web server.   After seeing the error I uploaded the corrected feed every day, and the Google bot scanned it every morning, but the error never cleared 3 days after first uploading the corrected feed.  So I deleted the item and the feed and resubmitted.  Then the error cleared the next morning.

Is this just "timing" or was the removal of the item and feed required as it appears.  I should mention the corrected url was visible for 3 days when I downloaded the feed in Diagnostics . .but the error would not go away.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve B
May 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Diagnostics errors, is updated every 2 hours, however warnings and errors depending on the type of error can linger around for 30 days, even if it's fixed. Do not use the diagnostics to check the status of the warning, but use it as a reference what to fix.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve B
May 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Diagnostics errors, is updated every 2 hours, however warnings and errors depending on the type of error can linger around for 30 days, even if it's fixed. Do not use the diagnostics to check the status of the warning, but use it as a reference what to fix.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’