AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Traffic went down dramatically

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Traffic went WAY DOWN that of course include impression,clicks and sales. Looking at my merchant center, when i check diagnostic, under items i see Automatic item disapprovals due to policy violation. when i click on it it basically shows all of my items as affected items , which are same items that been there for 6 month, when i click on the items affected all say Reapproved and all show up as approved, so basically non of the items are disapproved though this message is there and my traffic went ALL THE WAY DOWN. Called google they say everything look ok and no problems,could be a fall slump. of course i know for a fact its not true , i barely get any traffic for same items comparing to past 6 month.Items that used to get 200 clicks get 1 or 2 clicks now, i even raised bids , increased budget, NOTHING. I use shopify with API for google feed. What in the world is going on

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

it could be an anomaly with the system and it could fix itself. 

regards

Zaby

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Competition, change in landscape, change in popularity, etc... All effect search impressions. Not because everything was correct and nothing has changed on your end means you get to enjoy the same results month after month.

You need to constantly evolve and improve you campaign, data feed an website. Your competitors are doing it as so that means your ranking or other elements have been out performed by the competitor.

First analyze the data, for example when did it happen, when did the product violation happen etc... So you can create reference points. Maybe because your products where offline for an x amount of time, it has created a negative ranking and so your competitors have a higher ranking than you.

Check your keywords, etc...

But you really need to find out everything.

Raising bids do not guarantee anything, I can have the most perfect data feed and out perform you by bidding allot lower.

I hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Heres the list of checks I'd recommend if you sense that products are not receiving the traffic they are suppose to:

1) GMC check -> if products show as "reapproved", you'll also want to check at the actual product level to ensure the products read "in stock" and "searchable". Ensure all product information is what it should be.

2) Compare this information to google shopping campaign "products" tab. Ensure that all products expected to appear in shopping are actually coming through gmc.

3) API gmc connections usually allows the API to run a "full inventory purge and update" as opposed to just a stock update. If you can't find an issue in gmc or shopping products views, and you're sure that campaign bids are not being modified by some other device, local, or demo modifier, the next step I would suggest would be to reach out to Shopify asking to resubmit all inventory data to gmc as a full update. You may even want to modify/optimize title structure and other data quality aspects before doing so. Ensure upc and mpn data is processed correct if  you're grouping with other sellers on shopping.

4) Lastly, i would suggest running a search term report from your dimensions tab to see what search terms were driving impressions. Google those search terms to see what's coming up now. Also google your product + your domain to see if you're showing up at all.