AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Title in merchant center different to that showing on Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a product in Merchant Centre that is showing the correct Tittle, but when I search and find the product in Google Shopping the tittle showing is a one from months ago.

How can I get Google Shopping to sync the tittle so it is the same as that in Merchant Center?

Thanks

Darren Pegram

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Title in merchant center different to that showing on Google Shopping

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Darren,

I have two questions on this post:

1) How recently was the titled update in Merchant Center?
2) When you search in Google Shopping and find the product what type of format are the PLAs in? If your product is sold by multiple retailers then you may be seeing a format like this: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=eflite+efl7150

This format will aggregate information from different sellers of the product to create the title, description, etc., all based on the GTIN.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Title in merchant center different to that showing on Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The title was updated a long time ago (many months). As of today the title has been changed. I guess the searches I were performing has triggered a check on the datafeed and resolved the issue. I guess from Google perspective, why keep products in sync with a feed if those products are not being returned by a search.

Your point 2 was very interesting. It has made me aware that product title in feed may not equal product title on google site if multiple merchants are selling the same GTIN.