AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

There was an error connecting to your E-commerce platform.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, one of our clients currently used Magento as their e-commerce platform and we have installed the Google Shopping extension/integration to connect with Merchant Center (https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-shopping-1.html).

We keep getting the alert "There was an error connecting to your E-commerce platform." SSL is properly setup on Magento and API Diagnostics doesn't show any errors on Merchant Center - does anyone known a solution to this?

--

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6289004?hl=en-GB

We've checked all of the recommended troubleshooting mentioned in this support page - none are helpful.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

Check your version of Magento. If it is too low you will get the error.

Compatible with: 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.1, 1.9, 1.9.1, 1.9.2

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Currently Google has issues with connecting to ecommerce platforms, I recommend using an alternative method such as plugin, custom xml file, management tool etc...

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The official paid Magento plugin has been working for me, but it does cost $249 compared with the free solution you are trying.