AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

The same product with different IDs and titles

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello guys,

it is not against rules, right? GTIN for these products is non-existent, so this won't cause any troubles.

The reason behind this is that current products in feed are triggering for specific search terms, but these products are also relevant with different name, which has slightly different meaning, but nevertheless is it relevant to the search terms.

I don't want to create long titles like OLD GENERIC NAME, NEW GENERIC NAME, PRODUCT NAME. So I thought I could duplicate those products, change titles, ids and some search terms would trigger products with old name and some search terms would trigger products with new name.

Is this understandable? Is this legit?

Cheers, 

Tomáš

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

No, stop what you are doing and only list 1 unique product. This is a policy violation.

If you need to target multiple keywords, try finding smarter ways within the same product. Such as correctly describing the product. Or look for alternative advertising.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK. Can you hit me up with with link with this policy? Couldn't find it anywhere.

Also what makes product unique and how can Google determine it is not unique product, if Title, ID, GTIN is different?

Thanks,

Tom

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Submitting muliple products that are identical is categorized under abusing the system and taking unfair advantage.

A unique product is a product that is not the same, more info below

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/unique

If you need more info, please contact Adwords

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I don't think gaining unfair advantage policy is not that clear about this specific case.

Well I can put a bow on each item and make it unique/different from the original.

I will discuss this with support, but anyway thanks for your opinion and insights. Really appreciate it!

Tom