AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

The URL specified in your data feed wasn't working correctly when we reviewed this item.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, a couple of days ago I uploaded our entire product catalog and within a few hours all were showing as active within the merchant centre. Now, 99% of the products are showing as disapproved because 'The URL specified in your data feed wasn't working correctly when we reviewed this item.'

I've tested product and image links and they work fine and the site hasn't been down. I've also checked that our feed complies with the required specs and can't spot anything that I've done wrong.

Please help, I've clearly done something wrong but can't figure out what it is.

Cheers Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The URL specified in your data feed wasn't working correctly when we reviewed this item.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark M,

Did the error message provide more detail on what is wrong? That info would help us help you since we cannot access your account. Can you copy & paste the info for one of your products?

Have you tried taking one product and opening each of the URLs in a web browser and seeing what happens? Your URLs cannot contain stray spaces, quotation marks, or invalid characters. See this info.

Have you tired the feed debugger tool? The feed debugger is a tool that you can use to troubleshoot how to fix any formatting issues in your data feed. The tool will only help you verify how to fix an error - it will not save any of the edits that you apply in the tool in your actual data feed.

What about troubleshooting your feed?

Please let us know how things go. 

Kind Regards,

James