AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Text inside an image

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I know the google policy frowns on companies using text inside a graphic image such as "sale", "best price" or "buy now". My question is what about when you are showing images of 2 sided objects such as a commemorative coin or a customized envelope so show which side is which. Is it possible to use certain words like "Front" and "reverse" on the images to show customers which side is which? What about when showing a product what you can custom imprint your text or logo in the product. a lot of our images show the words "your text here" or "your company logo here", Is this a violation of the google policy? thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence N
May 2016

Re: Text inside an image

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lawrence,

You won't have problems using the words "Front" and "Reverse" as well as the words "your text/logo here" as long as the image isn't misleading where users might think they have to type in your banner or upload a logo in your banner

More info can be found here
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence N
May 2016

Re: Text inside an image

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lawrence,

You won't have problems using the words "Front" and "Reverse" as well as the words "your text/logo here" as long as the image isn't misleading where users might think they have to type in your banner or upload a logo in your banner

More info can be found here
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en