AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Temporary item disapprovals due to incorrect prices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The website in question is www.cherryberrykiss.co.uk

The feed used to update products and prices to the website is *exactly* the same feed used for Google Merchant Center, yet after uploading the feed (containing over 18,000 lines) - the dashboard says "Temporary item disapprovals due to incorrect prices".

For the aforementioned reasons, this is not possible. Also, this is not the first time this has happened and we have reported it to these boards.  We are then advised by Celebird to report the issue to Google, but before we even get an eventual response, merchant centre seems to have sorted it self out - and not show these errors. 

The problem appears to be that Google does not actually get the prices from the feeds when they are uploaded and may do so in segments over several days?  Is there any plans at all to change the prices instantly so that these error messages do not occur and the products appear on Google shopping straightaway?

Re: Temporary item disapprovals due to incorrect prices

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Deborah

I apologise if you have answered these questions before.

Does this happen to all items, some items, the same items everytime, on every upload?

Are your prices inclusive of VAT?

Are you sure that your prices do not change at any period on your site?

Do you upload numerous times a day?

Do you have any other prices within the feed itself? sale_price for example?

Does your landing pages offer any alternative purchasing options that vary to the price listed within the feed?

You say you have contacted Google before about this, did you get a response to state why?

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deborah
I also have just had a rash of Temporary item disapprovals due to incorrect prices in the last few days.
For me, it is all the items that are on sale, even though my feed contains the original price and sale_price, and landing pages clearly show both prices!
None of the item or sales prices have changed recently (the feed updates weekly automatically).
I can only assume that it is something to do with the feed specification change, and that they really want the sales_price_effective_date filled in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for both or your responses.  In this instance, there actually were feed/website pricing discrepancies, due to me uploading the wrong feed - however, previouslythere were definitely no errors, as verified by Google agents when I filled in the relevant "contact us" forms.  Interestingly enough, I never received a response from them before the issue appear to resolve itself and then I would get a response along the lines of 'there no longer appears to be a problem'.

However - I had 102 disapproved items with no explanation given.  I contacted online chat who said that appeared to be misdiagnosed policy violation. I was then emailed the following:

"Thank you for giving me a chance to work with the engineering team on your Merchant Center case. 

After their investigation, they have confirmed my earlier belief that we will just need to change an attribute for the 102 impacted items. 

In other words, if you can change the ID or title or description (you only need to make one tweak for each) and then resubmit the feed, it will trigger a new review and allow the system to sidestep the implied policy issue that led to each being disapproved in the most recent upload. 

Once those are submitted, those products should go live, and we'll be out of the woods on this one. 

If you have any questions about the strategy, please let me know! Thank you for giving me some time to investigate further"

So Keith, you may wish to try changing the title a little of the affected product to see if that solves the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deborah, thanks for your pointers.
At this stage I am just waiting and monitoring: I have phoned a couple of times, they are investigating and are due to call back, though no hint of a reply yet.
I still believe that there is a recent flaw in the reviewing process: my feed/page prices are correct and have worked fine for years, until mid june when "misdiagnosed" disapprovals started. However I did change one thing on the feed (as you suggested) before it's automatic update yesterday: I changed the availability from 'available for order' to 'in stock' as per the latest feed spec. Within 3 hours of the update, all disapproved products were approved according to the dashboard chart, but since then 2 have been disapproved again! Just for a bit more confusion, the incorrect price critical error list still shows their last sampling date as before the update!
So, I am still waiting to see what happens, daren't change any prices or sales prices as they may just add to my critical errors and get me banned! I just hope they get it all sorted out soon!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deborah, an update:
For me, no further disapprovals have occurred (yet?), so I am hoping they have fixed the issue and that the 2 currently disapprovals will eventually go away (on next update?).
I did get a call back:- the technical guys had said I should implement rich snippets/microdata to accurately point out which was the current (sale) price.
I infer from this that they may have changed their algorithm for machine review recently, such that it was not picking up the right price (it is hard to see a human reviewer not understanding that a struck-through price was the old price, while the big red price was the current sale price!). While it is possible, as disapprovals have already diminished, that they have already tweaked their algorithm to fix this issue, I will implement the microdata, as they suggested, just to be sure!