AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Switched to RSS Feed - Products not updating in Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi team,

Today I deleted my old manual feed and switched to an automated RSS feed (xml file).

I've uploaded the file and most of my products have been successfully processed. 

Unfortunately my adwords PLA campaigns no longer feature any of these products. Adwords is telling me my product groups are all empty.

I checked my settings and my merchant center is connected to the proper adwords account.

What could be the issue?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Switched to RSS Feed - Products not updating in Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
It may take a few days, Benjamin, before your products get approved again. As you've uploaded a new feed, I'm afraid you started from square one, again. At least that was my previous experience.

Log into your Merchant Center account and you should be able to see the current approval status.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Calin! I'm thinking this might be the case...
I'll keep monitoring.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Benjamin,

What product feed attribute(s) are you using to subdivide your product groups by? If these values changed at all in the new feed then it's possible the old product group structure may be invalid. If the values used for the old product group structure subdivision don't exist anymore, or live under a different attribute now (like a custom label), then you would need to recreate the product group structure. I've seen this issue happen to clients before.

Also, AdWiser could be correct as well.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.