AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Supplemental feed overwrite producttype

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Question, Is it possible to overwrite producttypes in Google merchant center with the use of a supplemental feed and a kind of rule?

I look forward to any response

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, the supplement feed is the rule. So when you create for example a spreadsheet with the id and product type. And assign this to the primary feed, it will automatically use the data from the supplement feed if the product id exists in the primary feed and the data submitted is valid. Essentially the supplement feed is the rule, so there is no need to create another rule after this.

Documentation : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7439058?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes, the supplement feed is the rule. So when you create for example a spreadsheet with the id and product type. And assign this to the primary feed, it will automatically use the data from the supplement feed if the product id exists in the primary feed and the data submitted is valid. Essentially the supplement feed is the rule, so there is no need to create another rule after this.

Documentation : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7439058?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Supplemental feed overwrite producttype

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply! I already use the supplemental feed to add missing producttypes. But in my main shopping feed,  I have the id's and I want to change the producttypes of those products.

Like the product beneath, It already has a product type.

Test product.JPG

I Would like to change the product type to

Change product type.JPG

How can i do it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Your examples are correct, simply submit a supplement feed with the data from your second image. In this case choose Google Spreadsheet when creating a supplement feed as per documentation in the previous post.

Re: Supplemental feed overwrite producttype

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already did that but how come it isn't working? I have one default rule.

Default rule.JPG

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

First check the final results by going to products > lists > select the product > scroll to the bottom > review the final results

Hope it helps.