AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Supplemental Feed IDs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to find some new info on the supplemental feed, I want to create new product types (can't through my current system) and use a rule to set them to the primary feed.

Looking at google help docs, every row in the sup feed needs and ID which is fine, but then the doc says:

Does anyone know how the ID in the sup feed that I create links to my primary feed? i.e. how does the primary feed know which new product type I want to use for each product. Should I be using the SKU as my ID in the sup feed or something?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark P
September

Supplemental Feed IDs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The id in the supplement feed must match the id of the main feed for the product you want to edit. You should look at the main feed and investigate what the id is, than use the same.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7503577?hl=en

[quote]

Supplemental feeds provide additional, or supplemental, data that can be connected to existing product data in the primary feed. Supplemental feeds cannot add or remove products, or be used as a standalone feed; instead, they're used to update existing product data. Supplemental feeds can provide additional information for multiple primary feeds.

To use a supplemental feed, connect it to an existing primary feed through the id attribute via Feed Rules. Supplemental feeds will only update your product data when the supplemental feed contains IDs that already exist in a primary feed. You must provide product data for every id in your primary feed.

[/quote]

So if you have added a product in the supplement feed and it matches to the one in the primary feed, it will than use the info from the supplement, prolonging you have added a feed rule.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark P
September

Supplemental Feed IDs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The id in the supplement feed must match the id of the main feed for the product you want to edit. You should look at the main feed and investigate what the id is, than use the same.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7503577?hl=en

[quote]

Supplemental feeds provide additional, or supplemental, data that can be connected to existing product data in the primary feed. Supplemental feeds cannot add or remove products, or be used as a standalone feed; instead, they're used to update existing product data. Supplemental feeds can provide additional information for multiple primary feeds.

To use a supplemental feed, connect it to an existing primary feed through the id attribute via Feed Rules. Supplemental feeds will only update your product data when the supplemental feed contains IDs that already exist in a primary feed. You must provide product data for every id in your primary feed.

[/quote]

So if you have added a product in the supplement feed and it matches to the one in the primary feed, it will than use the info from the supplement, prolonging you have added a feed rule.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Supplemental Feed IDs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great thanks for the reply. Its via shopify so I can't see the IDs of the primary feed but will try and get that info!