AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Super Hard getting impressions on Google Shopping Ads.

B T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
B T
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I’m running Google Shopping ads. I’ve had hem running for 1 day. However, I only have 5 impressions so far. I’ve added my products to Google’s product categories. I’ve written more descriptive titles on my Google Merchant Feed. I’ve boosted the bid amount on every product. There’s still barely any impressions. 

I’m advertising all the products on my site. I’ve subdivided them by product category (ex: wall clocks = home decor, backpacks = bags). I’ve set the bidding based on the product type. So, the more expensive products have higher bids. 

Do I just need to be more patient? To be fair, I only started running it last night, so it hasn’t been 24 hours yet. But, I recall running text ads and earning 1000’s of impressions in a day or two. I believe that Google Shopping can work wonders for my business, but I haven’t quite figured out yet. 

Can anyone help with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Super Hard getting impressions on Google Shopping Ads.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When making a change the recommend wait is 2 to 3 weeks. Not 24 hours. Making changes in a short amount of time will not allow you to correctly collect data and understand and improve the advertising efforts.

Check in Google Merchant Center that all products are approved

Check in GMC Diagnostics for warnings and errors, resolve them as this improve your data feed quality

Make sure the data submitted is accurate and perfectly describe the product

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’