AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Suggestion for aging threads

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I see allot of people replying to old threads. To be honest you can't blame them. But I feel that if a member has gone thru the effort in creating a post. Locking the thread after someone posted on an old thread is just a bit negative.

If possible why not lock thread after x age. This way members are not wasting there time writing a whole assay on an existing old thread.

Just an idea to improve the community Smiley Happy

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suggestion for aging threads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning, Emmanuel F.

This is a good idea and the idea of locking older threads is currently under discussion.

Thank you for your input!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Emmanuel F;

The "logic" in this approach is that AdWords changes  fast:  threads which are  a few months old could be  outdated... This is the nature of AdWords. Further, it's easier to track new threads than old ones. (New threads are visible to all, while with the old ones -  only users who  posted in  the discussion  are notified.)

So, in terms of both relevancy / updated content   and exposure (to potential community members who could participate in the discussion) - it would be better to open a new discussion, and to link to the old thread (if still applicable).

If a user posted to a thread which is closed -  he / she would receive an email notification advising to open a new discussion.

Having said that; the issue is known. And as @Theresa_Zook mentioned, various  methods / formats of responding to old threads are tested, with the goals I mentioned in mind.

Thanks for the input

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks for the reply Theresa & Moshe. Glad to hear something is moving Smiley Happy
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’