AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Suffix on URLs - What are they?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I been working through my errors/warnings on Google Shopping, and slowly cutting them down. 

And having fixed a large number  of Microdata issues for Condition and Price I thought I would go for the missing image issues.  It feels like I have to keep trying to fix the same issues! Smiley Happy 

Anyway I noticed today that when I check any issue, and view the URL of the offending product there is a suffix now on the end of the URL...

For example this: www.mywebsite.com/productnumber1.html#fo_c=1765&fo_k=4dc0a1e1111e111111e22222aa044d9&fo_s=gplauk 

I have changed it slightly just in case the suffix gives out personal information.  

Just wondering what this is? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Suffix on URLs - What are they?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rob W

The suffix that you see in the URL seems being added by your CMS or manually somewhere for the sake of tracking. Google does not add anything like that. 

The best would be to check your feed setup or tracking templates in AdWords account to get at it. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.