AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden spike in Google Shopping campaign impressions/clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google Shopping campaign has experienced a sudden surge in traffic on August 12, 2016. Normally, the campaign receives an extremely low traffic that ranges between 200-250 impressions and 2-3 clicks per day. On the 12th, the campaign received 971 impressions and 19 clicks! On the next day, both impressions and clicks dropped to usual levels. 

I am completely unsure about the reason that caused this surge in impressions and clicks. I haven't done any changes prior to that day that could explain this. No changes whatsoever.

Is this normal? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sudden spike in Google Shopping campaign impressions/clicks

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It can happen as events offline or online can influence the results.

A very simple example is RIO 2016, if you sell polo sports wear than you might see a surge.

Or if in the news something is mentioned that relates to your products, etc etc.

I recommend you review your data to see what has influenced it.

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Sudden spike in Google Shopping campaign impressions/clicks

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mustafa,

Chances are Emmanuel may be correct in that it was a special day for you.

Basically CTR peaked to 2.0% from earlier 1.2% for one day and then went back to normal. Based on what you have shared with us it may be beneficial to you. It does not smell fraud.

Best,
Lakatos