AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden major drop in conversion of my shopping campaing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

2 week ago, I have migrated our hosting server from Godaddy to Amazon Web Store to increase our website response time. due to some technical issues site was not up for 4 days. but now our site is up and running well. But what i noticed that conversion rate of our paid traffic(Google Shopping Campaign) is dropped. before migration we were getting 6-7 conversion daily from our Shopping campaign, but now we are not getting a single sale from our shopping ad campaign, while we are getting the same number of traffic.

We have measured our organic conversion rate and that is better than previous. 

Help me please to understand this terrible change in our conversion.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Sudden major drop in conversion of my shopping campaing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sameer,

My suggestion is not reduce your bid. Because, more advertisers are upgrading PLAs to Shopping Campaigns and there is a higher probability of more competition. If you reduce your bid, again your campaign performance will be down. Instead of doing this, what I can recommend you is to optimize shopping campaign to its best. Following are the few resources, where you can find best way to analyze and take action to improve your Shopping Campaigns.

1. Monitor and Optimize your shopping campaigns

2. Check the quality of your Merchant Center data feed

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Sameer,

There can be many explanations but you need to dig into your data and determining what's what, We can point out some scenarios for your to check.

You mention Traffic is the same. Well not all traffic is ever the same. You may have lost ad rank position for some products that converted well in the past, and gained clicks on some product that don't convert, meaning the "traffic is about the same".

Your USP ( Unique selling proposition) may no longer a better offer based upon what your competition is offering.

You may be getting more traffic from "Terms" with little conversion value to compensate your "total traffic".

Is you budget running out faster now due to higher CPC's?

Does you product have a seasonal aspect? Have new competitors come into the market?

With the PLA's going away many marketers are now revamping their Campaigns and the competition may be even greater.

The point of all this is, You need to look over your data, your competition, your feeds and analyze what is now different. A week of no conversions is red flag, to check your data, but to also analyze all factors that effect your business.

Look through you data, examine it thoroughly and determine what factors - Ad rank, budgets, CPC's, keywords, competition etc that are influencing your campaigns and potential conversions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Eric,
Thanks for your suggestions.
there is a point "You may have lost ad rank position for some products that converted well in the past, and gained clicks on some product that don't convert,"
Is you budget running out faster now due to higher CPC's? Yes
No Seasonal Impact on products...
No issue on budget..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sameer S,

Eric has clearly explained in all possible ways, we have to think of. But to emphasize, since your website is not up and running for 4 days, there may be a decrease in Click-Through rate which impacts Quality Score as well. Decreased Quality Score can again impacts your Ad Rank. 

This gives an answer on your high running budgets on higher CPCs. If your USP is good and provided that your competitors doesn't implement major bidding changes or new implementations in AdWords, this decline will come to normal state may be within a week or so. I would recommend you to wait for at least a week (a month is highly preferred) to analyze the big picture of your campaign results.

Let's hope for the best returns from Google Shopping Campaigns Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Should i Reduce my bids for some time as money is spending without any conversion?

Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sameer,

My suggestion is not reduce your bid. Because, more advertisers are upgrading PLAs to Shopping Campaigns and there is a higher probability of more competition. If you reduce your bid, again your campaign performance will be down. Instead of doing this, what I can recommend you is to optimize shopping campaign to its best. Following are the few resources, where you can find best way to analyze and take action to improve your Shopping Campaigns.

1. Monitor and Optimize your shopping campaigns

2. Check the quality of your Merchant Center data feed

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed