AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Sudden Drop In Impressions and Clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

We have recently setup a new google shopping campaign. Over the past few days everything was going fine until today we have noticed a sudden drop in impressions and consequently clicks. For example, yesterday we had total impressions of 730, with 10 clicks. Today so far we have a total number of impressions of 67 and only one click!! The only thing we are thinking is that there is potentially a massive time lag and our data hasn't updated properly yet - but i think we may be clutching at straws here!! The only thing we changed yesterday was our "max cpc" within our product groups - and the change was to increase our max cpc - so if anything we expected our impressions and clicks to go up and not down!!! We have been in touch with google adwords via chat support, and they suggested it was down to an increase in competition - this really doesn't seem right, as our impressions and clicks are 700% down on yesterday!!! Surely competition hasn't gone up that much over night has it? We feel there must be another reason but cannot fathom why at present. Any help would be much appreciated!

cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Sudden Drop In Impressions and Clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This might sound obvious, but check your feed - it could have errors or have expired.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's generally the reason - the feeds expire and most ecommerce solutions need you to set up an automatic renewal.

Glad you got it sorted.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
This might sound obvious, but check your feed - it could have errors or have expired.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ahh nail on the head!

Thanks Steve!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's generally the reason - the feeds expire and most ecommerce solutions need you to set up an automatic renewal.

Glad you got it sorted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem. But my data feed hasn't expired, I uploaded a new one for the month of June. On 19th May I got over 4000 impressions and 86 clicks with several conversions. I thought, this is going well, so upped the bids and since then, it's just got worse and worse. Today is a bit better than in recent weeks 2000 ish impressions today with 57 clicks. But I seem to have to spend more to get less impressions. Do Google lull you into a false sense of security when opening an adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Do Google lull you into a false sense of security when opening an adwords account?"

It would appear this way. We are experiencing the exact same issue; We had several listing ads (now shopping) campaigns running for the past 12 months with a large number of impressions --> clicks --> conversions and in a single day around the middle of July 2014, impressions, clicks and consequently conversions dropped by a factor of ~75%.

No changes were made to our feeds (and no particular errors have been reported under data quality), no changes were made to our website and no changes were made within the settings of our adwords campaigns.