AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Subdiving by Item ID

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are setting up a shopping campaign and often want to subdivide by Item ID.

Management of these groups though is made difficult because you are unable to see product name when viewing in the Adwords UI.

Is there any way which will allow us to see the product names without having to click on each individual row?

I note that the custom fields only allow 1000 entries so they aren't useful for our feed sizes.

I don't know why the adwords_grouping field has been taken away as our old campaigns used this extensively for small groups of 1-10 products or so. Unfortunately the limits on the custom fields prevent us from replicating this.

Any advice? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Subdiving by Item ID

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Whenever I do this I usually keep an Excel / Spreadsheets file handly where in one column I have the product name and in the other the criteria I'm splitting by. And I click on the link that says "or bulk add values manually" and then enter the criteria (product ID or a custom label).
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.