AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Spammy Google Shopping results / Policy violation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

While searching on Google Shopping for "norton security" I come across an entry where Norton has 25 entries in a particular listing. I'm not sure if this link will work, but this is the result page: https://www.google.com/shopping/product/16953468123597077691?q=norton+security&biw=1814&bih=965&bav=...Smiley Surprised

Most of these entries from Norton have names that aren't even products, like "Norton Deals" or "Norton Promos" etc. Additionally, they are all displayed with a price of 59.99, yet when I click on the first entry "Norton Deals" I get sent to a landing page with a different product for 89.99. Clearly this is not a very good user experience.

Does this violate any Google Shopping policies, or are Norton exempt because they spend so much money?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Spammy Google Shopping results / Policy violation?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sean,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I followed the link you referred but I did not find anything wrong. The product is question has a price of 59.99 and even the main landing page has this price. The 89.99 price is cut off which mean there's an obvious discount and one would be charged 59.99 only. 

Other than that, doing a search with the keyword you suggested, there's nothing wrong. I don't know what you are referring at. Everything seems to be fine. 

Also, whether you spend less or more, Google treats all advertisers equally and there's obviously no bias. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Re: Spammy Google Shopping results / Policy violation?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click on the first entry "Norton Deals" I do not get a landing page with 89.99 crossed out or any reference to 59.99 anywhere on the page. It's straight up 89.99 front and center (for a different product Norton Security with Backup, not Norton Security).

google-shopping-norton-security.png

I get this landing page: http://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/bb/1up_nsbu_us_en_largo_notw_brnf_ad.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_...Smiley Tongue

norton-landing.png

That is what I see, so not sure why you are getting a different landing page.