AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Smart Bidding Historical Conversion Data and Moving Adgroups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

We have a campaign set up for shopping with ROAS goals at the Adgroup Level. If I wanted to move products from that adgroup into a new adgroup with a more aggressive goal while leaving the rest will that historical conversion move with those products I move or will the ROAS need to learn all over?

I want to keep the goal the same in the current campaign to give the other products a chance to sell, but take the top movers and put them into a newer ad group with a more aggressive goal. Will the smart bidding need to learn all over?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Smart Bidding Historical Conversion Data and Moving Adgroups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can only set 1 bid strategy per campaign, moving 1 product from an ad group to another is not going to do anything as the strategy is the same.

You need to move them into a new campaign, not new ad group.

However in this case your conversion data will not be associated to the product.

So your idea will not work the way you want it too.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’