AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Single Product - Multiple listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can somebody please help me regarding adding products which have multiple fitments?

I am wanting to add automotive products that fit multiple cars and need to find the best way to list these.

At present our website has one single page and id for each product, although they fit many different cars.

For example:

Audi A1 / A2 / A3, Seat Cordoba / Ibiza / Leon / Toledo, Skoda Fabia / Octavia / Rapid / Roomster, Volkswagen Bora / Fox / Golf / Polo Brake Disc

I'm thinking the ideal thing to do (to optimise for customer search) is to list the same product multiple times for each car it fits.

So using the example above.....

Product 1 - Audi A1  -Brake Disk

Product 2 - Audi A2  -Brake Disk

Product 3 - Audi A3  -Brake Disk

Product 4 - Seat Cordoba   -Brake Disk.....etc...........

This causes the issue of having non unique product id's which is not recommended.

Does anyone know the best way to implement for the best possible search targeting success?

Many thanks,

Craig.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You are not aloud to do this. You can only submit a single unique product only. Submitting the same product multiple times is a violation and will result in an account suspension.

The only option you have is to add the vehicles it matches in the description.

Otherwise use other types of advertising such as Text ads.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Single Product - Multiple listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help.

Is there is no other way I can optimise my listings?

Having a product called....

Audi A1 / A2 / A3, Seat Cordoba / Ibiza / Leon / Toledo, Skoda Fabia / Octavia / Rapid / Roomster, Volkswagen Bora / Fox / Golf / Polo Brake Disc

.....will never be optimal for customers searching for simply "Audi A3 Brake Disc"  in a shopping search so it seems a little pointless to add them at all as it will just become lost.

I can imagine this to be a common issue with universal products such as these, has anyone come across a solution in the past, I've checked the forums but can't find anything.?

Many thanks,

Craig.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You can try to create these titles and check/test the results. The reason you can't find any solution is because there is no solution.

I recommend using text ads as you can achieve your goals this way.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’