AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping goes to home page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I see this picture in my Google Analytics. View attachment.

shopping.PNG

I do not understand it. Why traffic from shopping campaign goes to the homepage? I think traffics should go to the product pages. I check through Google Merchant products but there are links to the product. Any idea what this would explain? Where could be the problem?

thank you

Andrej

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping goes to home page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Andrej.

The only time I found the same thing in a few accounts was when the product page was not working (or it was updated after submitting the feed) and the website was programmed in such a way as to redirect to the home page (with or without a 404 header being sent).

Please check that the product links in your feed are still working and that the product pages are correctly rendered and do not redirect.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.