AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping campaign in multiple countries

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a shopping campaign successfully running in the United States. The store has a USD currency by default with English landing pages.

Am trying to get the shopping campaign to also run in Australia and the United Kingdom. Shipping rate tables are configured for the countries. Currency conversion is enabled inside the Merchant Center.

According to, https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160637?hl=en the requirements are met for Aust and the UK. There is one shopping campaign that targets these regions with the locations report showing impressions and clicks only for the USA.

If I had to guess the problem, it is because of the "Country of Sale" setting that targets the USA: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160157?authuser=0

It seems location targeting settings in countries outside of the "Country of Sale" are ignored?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I recommend creating a new campaign with location of the country. So that each country is separated by its own campaign.

Please remember this is a beta feature, and most likely the results will not be as expected when compared to a dedicated data feed.

You might see in a whole month a very very small amount of impressions and maybe no clicks at all. Which is very normal at the moment.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have created separate shopping campaigns with a country of sale and location setting for the target country. Conversion currency is enabled inside merchant center. No clicks or impressions have appeared for these campaigns after a week. Is there anything that can be done or do I just have to accept it's in beta and nothing will show?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I have tested this with several clients and same results, I recommend going the extra mile and create a dedicated data feed with both the landing page and data feed info in the native language and currency.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’