AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Not Displaying Size or Color Information

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have imported a feed from Magento into Merchant Center and have created several feed rules for size and color to ensure that all data is accounted for. Product category is Apparel.

Although my products appear on Google Shopping, the size and color info is not displayed when you open the product details. Additionally, you cannot filter but these options on the left rail. So it seems that Shopping is not pulling the data from Merchant Center, although in Merchant Center, the information displays correctly under "data created by feed rules".

To go one step further, Shopping is also not recognizing the product_group_id in order to consolidate said products into one group with multiple variants (size, color)

Any thoughts on why Google Shopping is seeming to ignore this data?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paid S
January 2017

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Based on this rule, you need to make sure that the color attribute has been filled in from the data feed. Are you sure that this is the case?

I recommend checking the actual data feed information, as you are using Magento check ether the data feed link and find your product info. Most likely it's XML, so simply download the file and read it.

Or contact the plugin developer or management system.

If it's unreadable, use an online xml beautifier to get a better insight of your data structure.

Find the attribute color and size, if it's there than there is nothing wrong with the data feed. In this case as your feed rule is correct for what you are trying to do. Contact Google Adwords for assistance.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636193066683175593-860595099&hl=en-GB&r...

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Google Shopping might or might not use extended info.

Even if you filled in all the required fields, it is up to Google to decide to use this info in the listings. Google does not specifically say they will include this info.

If you have filled in group_id, size and color. Than you are eligible for this info to appear.

Double check you have assigned the same group id to all the variants for the same product.

Make sure the titles are identical and only differ with the size and color added to it.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's another strange thing that I see happening. When I try to use feed rules to append the size and color fields, MC doesn't actually add them. The title just displays the values from the title field with no additional info. Does MC just not play well with Magento? 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If you can show me a screenshot of your feed rule, I am happy to check if there is an issue.

Please also give us 1 product example of the title you are submitting.

Magento to GMC will work perfectly fine, it is only a bit difficult to get every little detail working. With persistence you will get there Smiley Happy

Re: Shopping Not Displaying Size or Color Information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the feed rule, the text box has a coma in it ",". But as you can see in the preview, MC is not joining the two fields.

Capture.JPG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paid S
January 2017

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Based on this rule, you need to make sure that the color attribute has been filled in from the data feed. Are you sure that this is the case?

I recommend checking the actual data feed information, as you are using Magento check ether the data feed link and find your product info. Most likely it's XML, so simply download the file and read it.

Or contact the plugin developer or management system.

If it's unreadable, use an online xml beautifier to get a better insight of your data structure.

Find the attribute color and size, if it's there than there is nothing wrong with the data feed. In this case as your feed rule is correct for what you are trying to do. Contact Google Adwords for assistance.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785?visit_id=1-636193066683175593-860595099&hl=en-GB&r...

Hope it helps.