AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Multiple products exclude

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have one quick question. Can you exclude list of products from shopping campaign simultaneously?

What I am asking, I have campaign of 4000 + products. They are separated into several groups by the price of the product. For example 1 group is products that cost <100$, other is <200$, etc. Since campaign is running for more then 1 year now, there is bunch of products that are making expenses and they are not making any money. Now I have the list of products the I want to exclude. I would like to copy list of Item Ids which is prepared in excel and if possible copy it somewhere/somehow so all those products are excluded. I am doing it one by one at the moment, but that will take way too much time actually. 

If someone has some idea how to do this I would highly appreciate it. I can also use AdWords Editor if there is maybe some way to do it. 

Thank you very much! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Karlo,

So you want to exclude a list of products... okay well the only way you could do this in AdWords is by applying a custom label and using that custom label to split the product groups and exclude the one you don't want.

By what you've said you are currently using a custom label based on the price, so if you want to do this without losing data you will need to create a new campaign, as changing the subdivision will erase the data for the previous one. 

So I'd recommend you add a custom label to the products you wish to remove WITHIN the existing label you are using so change it from the money value to "excluded". You should then be able to keep some of the data while being able to subdivide the current campaigns and then exclude the new group. 

I hope this makes sense? Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Abbie, 

Thanks for the answer. Yeah this makes sense. However problem is that I took over the campaign from some guys that done it before. Everything was messed up completely and I made Ad Groups and put everything in order. But since they didn't have labels before writing them first will also took too much time. When I do new campaign I always do it this way that you have said. The thing is that right now I have bunch of products divided into Ad Groups by value of the item. No labels and anything hehe. So I need quick solution how to exclude 400 items haha Smiley Very Happy 

But thanks for the answer, it makes sense what you wrote Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The quick solution is to use feed rules to create Custom Labels based on your criteria.

Than in Adwords create an ad group with the subdivision of the labels you want to advertise for.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’