AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Healthcare and medicines policy.

z n
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
z n
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

37947379_2099855203390311_2079310031542550528_n.png

I See this New policy in my account, Actually i want to know now google merchant not allow weight loss diet supplements product . I am not clear new Healthcare and medicines policy any one help me please explain more info....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping Healthcare and medicines policy.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
All substances on this list are not allowed:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6165956

And, in addition, if a supplement was allowed you would not be allowed to claim "magic" or enhanced weight loss or body metabolism.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Shopping Healthcare and medicines policy.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, we're running shopping ads for supplements. They do allow the promotion of supplements, including those that can be helpful/assist with weight loss. The key is how you intend to write about them.

At first, our ads were flagged up for 'Health in personalised advertising' or something to that effect. First thing we did was to check Google's banned list of ingredients, as linked above. Our products are all natural, but we wanted to be 100% sure.

Second thing we did was to comb through the copy on our site. Statements such as "this supplement cures X illness" were re-written as "this supplement can be helpful for..." etc. Nothing too affirmative. Also, 'miracle cure' type statements don't go down well with Google. For instance, 'this will burn fat" or claims that blatantly target personal insecurities about weight and dietary needs.

After taking a look at all these issues, we believe our copy reads better and Google also approved it, which is great!

So in short: don't give up on running ads for weight loss products, unless they contain those ingredients. Just be careful how you represent your products (landing page copy/title, etc.).