AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we use virtual products like e-book or online certification in shopping campigns?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping Campaigns

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Srikumar

Please see these two helpful links

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2770285
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2745215

There are specific regulations in terms of digital goods and ebooks.
Although you can list, be sure to make yourself familiar with these, using
the links above.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tom, Buut i didn't find the policy for my product. rather i couldn't allocate my product to any of the category.

I am in the certification business where i provide certification to the consumers who enroll in the course. I have an ecommerce site and the training is provided physically in a classroom.

So which category it fits? Secondly is this allowed in shopping campaigns?

Thanks in advance.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Your initial question was about ebooks, not about a service or subscription.
The category as far as I can tell is Media > Books
A service can not be listed on Google Shopping.

An ebook can be listed if no additional software is required.

Remember that Google's Policy is very complicated, so maybe this answer is not what you are looking for. But just ask away and we will eventually get there Smiley Happy
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think you can advertise certificates thorough shopping campaign as i had seen the same case for SSL certificate products. Kindly check and search yourself, you will not find any of such products in shopping campaign.