AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaigns HELP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I currently have a shopping campaign with one ad group which is best sellers and has 38 products which are all different types and different prices. Out of these, 4 of the products are converting really well with a low cost and high conv value. The remaining are getting 1-2 conversions and a low CTR.

The campaigns conversion value was halved this month in comparison to last month for no obvious reason and I was shocked therefore thinking some changes need to be made.

Would you recommend I put these 4 converting products in a separate campaign with a higher budget towards this campaign or do I put them in a separate ad group in the existing campaign? A little new to shopping and doing my best to optimise so please let me know what you recommend.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping Campaigns HELP

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

When it comes to advertising, there are 3 fundamentals that contribute towards your conversions.

1. Data feed quality
  2. Google Ads setup and maintenance
  3. Product landing page, esthetics, checkout, trust factor and so on

Improving all of these is key to success.

If you are splitting up the campaigns to assign a higher budget, then I do not see a point based on the info you provided. In the end, a campaign setup is should be designed based on your advertising goals, which will be different for each merchant. With all my clients I have non that are the same.

So the question you should ask yourself, is splitting up into a separate campaign worth the loss of data associated with the products? Are you planning to use ROAS or other bid strategies? If yes, then creating a new campaign for top sellers is a bad idea and instead, you should create a new campaign for the low sellers so that ROAS bid strategies can work.

However, again you should think of the strategy first and think forward about what you want to accomplish.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Shopping Campaigns HELP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The aim is to just push conversion. I'm struggling to see why the products had a bad month in comparison to the last month. If you look at the conversion value, you'll see what I mean. What would you recommend? Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 16.13.02.png

Shopping Campaigns HELP

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This can happen due to multiple reasons. New search algorithm. A competitor has improved or outranks you. A new competitor has entered the market. Seasonal change, etc...

You can check your auction insight to see what is happening, to know how : https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2579754?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’