AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I’ve been running a Shopping Campaign for the last couple of months. The campaign is split into brands. I have subdivided these brands to show the individual products however the “everything else” group appears in most of the brands. In one particular brand the “everything else” group contains over 60 products with 10 of these selling well. Due to them being in this group I can’t alter their individual bids so we are losing money. I have checked the feed and there is no difference between the individual items and the ones in the  “everything else” group. Has anyone else come across this issue and can anything be done about it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Why not add an attribute/label to each of the products that are selling well and create a new adgroup for them so you can set the bids for them individually?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I thought of that - but just wanted to keep things simple. What I don't understand is why it's happening. Also on top of this in some of the individual products when you click the "speech bubble" for info on the item it says "this product group does not contain any products". I've checked and the product is in the feed and it is stock - a week before it gave me the details of the product. Sounds like a bug to me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I may have worked out what is happening - it appears on subsequent feed uploads some products (even though they were uploaded weeks ago and have already been subdivided) for some reason get added to the “everything else” group. I have had to go back and check through all 150+ brands as when you click on the pencil icon (per brand) it shows the products that are in the “everything else” group yet to be subdivided – these products were subdivided weeks before. Also I have found out that when you subdivide these products again and they now show as individual products the sales data is lost i.e. if you had two sales from the “everything else” group and do what is said above you will lose the data to tell you what product produced the two sales – it retains the impressions and clicks but not the conversions.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

how are feed re-uploads being handled?

does any id value ever change once assigned to a physical inventory item?

are any id values ever reused if any item is ever deleted? if so, when?

is all feed data kept in sync with the website and physical inventory?

what changes are typical between feed re-uploads?

is the feed re-uploaded at least a week before items expire?

are there any expiration_date attributes within the feed?

is there only one single feed registered with google?

is there only one single merchant-center-account linked to adwords?

are any existing items ever under review?

has google been contacted directly to look into the feed and accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all the ideas.
I'll try and go through them over the next few days but as far as I'm aware the id doesn't change once assigned, there are no expiration dates on any of the feeds, we upload approx 5 individual feeds from the same Merchant account. We do have some new items under review but as far as I'm aware none are existing products. We have contacted Google so hopefully will get some answers back.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
first, you're welcome.

why are five feeds being used?

how are these five feeds being coordinated in terms of expiration and id values?