AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've just set up my first feed in the Merchant Center (although my company has run shopping campaigns in the past and there was already a product feed uploaded with 5 other products, but those 5 products aren't in the new feed.) So there were 6 products that were automatically disapproved due to policy violation, but there's an error message that says wait 3 days for the image to be crawled- Does that mean once the image is crawled the products could be approved?

Thanks,

Keith

Shopping Feed Error Message.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Keith F
May

Shopping Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah, well that info made it very clear what your issue is.

What all supplement merchants do is make statements or claims on there website, that will benefit the consumer. However Google does not allow this if it's not common knowledge and tested by official scientists or government body.

The only way to move forward is to remove all claims or statements both from the data feed, product landing page and the rest of the website such as blogs etc...

I know this might go against your business model, but to advertise on Google, you must follow there policies. If following these policies is not possible, than I recommend finding other advertising methods.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Shopping Campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Go to Google Merchant Center > List > click on your product > check at the top the reason given for the disapproval.

Than resolve the issue listed.

If no clear indication is listed, than most likely it's a serious violation with regards to Google Shopping Policy. And you will need to make sure you have read the policies. And check if your are violating any policies.

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6363310

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265

As we are forum members we can not look into your account.

Alternatively if providing further info is not possible, contact Google directly : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your response!

So the reason given is "Automatic item disapproval due to policy violation". Our products are natural supplements so we come into issues like this with search campaigns a lot and then change the ad copy. I'm guessing it's the product description that is causing the issue or perhaps the category we've chosen" Health & Beauty > Health Care > Fitness & Nutrition > Vitamins & Supplements" but we have other supplement products in that category and they appear to be approved. 

If you could provide any further insight that would begreat!

Thanks,

Keith

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Keith F
May

Shopping Campaign

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah, well that info made it very clear what your issue is.

What all supplement merchants do is make statements or claims on there website, that will benefit the consumer. However Google does not allow this if it's not common knowledge and tested by official scientists or government body.

The only way to move forward is to remove all claims or statements both from the data feed, product landing page and the rest of the website such as blogs etc...

I know this might go against your business model, but to advertise on Google, you must follow there policies. If following these policies is not possible, than I recommend finding other advertising methods.

Hope it helps.

Shopping Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Emmanuel, that's really helpful!