AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaign is not performing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

I've setup my 1st Shopping campaign and my daily budget is $25. its 15 days old campaign. 1st 7 days, I was getting 1-2 clicks with 1 or half dollor consuming. After 7 dys I have setup "More Click" automatic strategy. Now I am getting 9-10 clicks with 3 -4 dolor consuming. I want to spent $25 daily. Please help me what to do. Do you have good strategy? I need your help guys.

Warm Regards

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shopping Campaign is not performing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI @Lisa C, if you're not using your daily budget, the most common problem is that the Campaign is targeted at too small an audience - not enough people are seeing your Ads.  The second most common problem is that your Ads are not attractive to those that are seeing them.

For the first problem, what geographical area(s) are you targeting?  Are you using a schedule for your Ads, if so, is it too short?

For the second problem, are your product descriptions good and accurate, including important key terms that describe the products you're selling.  Are your images good quality?  Have you included some promotional text for your Ad Group highlighting a key selling point such as free shipping?

Lastly, are your bids high enough?  You might want to experiment with increasing your bids - perhaps even doubling them - for a day or two to check if you get more exposure.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Lisa,

For shopping campaigns, the information you submit with your feeds plays crucial role. The title and description of your products on the page and in the feed are really important. You should first make sure that you are submitting optimized information with these two field. Be as relevant as you can. Writing title and description with your keywords proves literally helpful. Though, it should read natural and not stuffed.

Next, as your budget is not being spent completely, there can be a few more areas to look into -

• Are you bidding lower than the benchmark? Try increasing your bids to go over the benchmark
  • Are you on a tight geographic target? If you are targeting a considerably smaller geography, try expanding it by including the neighbourhoods wherever possible and relevant to your advertising goals. 
  • Make use of promotional text, don't leave it blank
  • Separate your products by product-type or anything else as relevant. It will allow you to bid more strategically

Once you have optimized feeds for better, work with the suggestions above and make sure your website gives good user experience. A few key areas to look on the website would be - pagespeed and mobile friendliness. Now give it a few days. It should improve. 

All the best.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Jon_Gritton you were faster than me with the reply Smiley Happy . Didn't see your reply while I was writing. 

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Expert,

My target area is Whole Melbourne, no I have not set up Ad scheduling..

Here is my biding strategy:

Type:
Maximise clicks
Bid Strategy Status
Learning (setting change)
Max. bid limit:
$3.00
Target spend:
$25.00

Yes, my description is relevent, but 2-3 lines. Is it fine? Image is average mean fine not 3d.

Please help me. Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello @Ratan-Jha
Hello @Jon_Gritton

Is "Maximise clicks" automatic bid strategy fine? if no please give me good advise. Manually I was getting 1-2 clicks daily. Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@Celebird
@ScottyD
@RAKESH Kumar
@Dave_Davis
@MosheTLV

Hello Experts

I just want more clicks. Can you please guide me?

Warm Regards

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Instead of clicks you should first look at your Impressions.

From what I understand is that you are using optimization settings but have not looked at the basics yet.

First check that your data feed has all the relevant search terms, you can analyze your dimensions tab by selecting view > search terms.

Check that your desired search terms are being searched.

Once you have optimized your data feed, you can start improving your adwords account.

Increasing the max bid does not necessarily increase clicks, it can go the other direction and provide less clicks.

You can improve your data feed following lots of only tutorials or if you struggle to identify what the cause is, is to contact a Google Adwords team or a Google Shopping Expert.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’