AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaign Question regarding combining 'Product_Category' and 'Product_Type'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am running with various Shopping Campaigns, and I have just recently added on a 'Product_Type' section to our feed, which allows us to further expand each product. 

Using the Google Product_Category, we could only get as far as down to '-> Biclycle', but with adding a 'Product_Type' column, we can take this down another level of granularity to '-> Biclycle -> Electric Bike, Road bike, Mountain bike... Etc.   So we are now linking from the 'Google Product_Category' as far down as we can go, then linking into the 'Product_Type' further expansions. 

However, after running with this new change for a few months, the new Campaigns are showing a higher lost impression share (Rank) now that they have been split out and included within a 'Product_Type'  column. 

Has anyone got any experience with this happening? All the bids are the same (If not even higher now) so this isnt the issue.

Im confused as to what else could of caused this change? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Shopping Campaign Question regarding combining 'Product_Category' and 'Product_Type'

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Most likely this is due to competitors moving into the market, when other merchants improve and do better than you, than you loose IS Rank.

Or if they increase the bidding, than again you loose IS Rank.

Try to improve your data feed and improve as much as you can.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To check competitors use auction insight, compare the data from when you noticed the IS Rank loss vs before. You will need to use your data to analyze what is happening. Simply assuming would not give you a clear indication.

With regards to improving your feed, have a look at the basic requirements here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

To further improve your data feed, I recommend doing some research. Simply search on Google and you will get lots of info.

If you have any issues or need to know how to do something, don't hesitate to ask.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’