AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaign: Once Great Product - Now No Impressions - What to do?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have three Google shopping products that were doing really well YTD last year. Today for some of the keywords, there are zero impressions. The products still have some sales, but they are down 50% and more.

How do I get the products to rank for the keywords where the impressions have tanked and in some cases tanked to zero? Do I just increase bids?

I have done some searches in Google and shopping ads are still showing up for these products, so just trying to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks

Note: The products are still active with no warnings or errors in Merchant Center.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

A lower impression can be due to allot of things.

1) a competitor has been doing better than you by ether having a higher quality data feed or a higher bid or both. Check your auction insight.

2) a drop in interest of your specific products

3) a drop due to seasons

4) check your google merchant for any issues and resolve them

5) improve the data feed where possible, by following all requirements and recommendations

6) increase the bidding

These are the basics, hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cant find Auction Insights in my Shopping Campaigns. How do I find those? I dont have the details button like on regular campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Here is the documentation : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read that, but I dont have a "Details" button on my shopping campigns, ad groups, product groups or keywords.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Have you click on the checkbox next to the ad group? That's the only way to see the details option.

With Shopping ads only ad groups in campaigns can have auction insight info.

Hope it helps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. My impression share on that ad group is 57.6% Overlap is -- and Outranking Share is --. On the report, our site shows u in 4th place.

Last year, We were 1st on the list with Impression Share at 71% Overlap is -- and Outranking Share is --