AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shopping Campaign Bounce Rate

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Team,

We are a diamond jewellery manufacturer based in uk specialized in engagement rings and diamonds rings
running google adwords campaign from last 2 years, our main concern is high bounce rate more than (80%) in shopping campaign.
Preveously we were running shopping campaign for more than 1000 products with customization option on landing page
(for change in color, carat ,metal, shape & clarity) and was getting 80% bounce rate from shopping campaign.

After doing some research and analysing competitors we changed the landing page with only size selection option on landing page for 90 best selling products and modified the feed for these 90 Products only, but still the bounce rate is same.

We have also covered some important points which are
Reduced bid for the device which have low ctr
Deleted search term which are not relevant
Tried Bidding location wise
Added ad sheduling.

but couldn't get any positive results, Please suggest some idea about how to reduce bounce rate for shopping campaign??
would highly appreciate any input from your end.

Thanks&Regards
Samsul

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is very normal with Google Shopping, due to it being a marketplace. It's a normal behavior for customers to exit more.

What you need to ensure is that the data supplied in the data feed, essentially matches the data on the landing page.

For example a high bounce rate could be because the images are very poor, than once they realize the jewelry on the landing page, exit to continue the search.

My recommendation is to put your shoes in the shoes of your customer and remove all your personal opinions and business mindset. It is than that you can discover more info.

Each merchant has a different approach a one answer fits all scenarios is not always the same.

I recommend researching articles and collect your own data in Adwords and Analytics.

But do keep in mind this is very normal for Google Shopping to have a higher bounce rate than Text advertising.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Sansul,

Hope your adwords and analytics are linked and auto-tagging is enabled. you can get more details in GA>Acquisition>Adwords>Shopping Campaigns. Here you can see category level performance and decide where is the exact issue. the category which shows higher bounce rate you only have to focus them first.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Emmaunel,

Thanks for the reply, yes the data supplied in the data feed,
essentially matches the data on the landing page.

also we are using high quality images.

I too feel shopping campaign generate more bounce rate than text advertising.

But my goal is to bring bounce rate near (70%) which may possible
if you can provide me some other suggestions.

Thanks&Regards
Sansul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Gyan,

Thanks for the reply, Yes our adwords and analytics are linked
and auto tagging is enabled,
we have worked on that part also and separated high and low bounce
rate category, this didn't worked for us please suggest some other idea which
can help us to bring bounce rate atlest 70%.

Thanks&Regards
sansul