AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shipping rates are not accurate with my landing page and google calculation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really need insight in this.

Shipping cost that I charge to customer are less than google shows to the customer. I have chosen Australia Post shipping method from merchant center shipping setting area and our website relies on AU post and other courier companies.

Google calculates almost correct price for our base state (NSW), but not for all states. Usually google's calculations are higher than ours.

For example this product:

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/sonos-playbase.html

Estimate shipping cost for this postcode: 3000

Our website will charge you $22, but in merchant center I see $26.15 for this product (check attached image).

shipping cal.png

I know, showing different shipping price is violation of google's policy. However, I couldn't find way to get the exact shipping cost for my products that are charging dynamic shipping price.

Big question:

How to achieve exact shipping cost calculation in merchant?

If I we charge less shipping cost than what google shows to customer, are we violating the policy?

Thanks

Adarsh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Shipping rates are not accurate with my landing page and google calculation

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

shipping shown to users in a location

must be either exactly accurate, or

an overestimate.

if the shipping-price shown to a user within