AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shipping Settings by postcode, weight and source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

by 01.10.15 Google Shopping will suspend me if I don't get the Shipping Settings right.

My shipping is calculated by postcode, weight and source(where I get it from).

I had a look at the Shipping Settings however no idea.

If anybody can advice(maybe the Google Shopping Team themselves as I'm their customer) how to exactly make the correct settings so that for example a product, 5kg in weight, going to postcode 6000(Perth) and coming from X distributor will have a shipping charge of $X.

If I don't work this out by 01.10.15 I will just overestimate every product to $100 which will cover 99% of products.

Thanks for your time,

Richard

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard E
September 2015

Re: Shipping Settings by postcode, weight and source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel, thank you.....decided to create/calculate the shipping in the data feed.

Take care

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There has been issues in the past to correctly calculate shipping prices in Australia. My suggestion is to cover all your products with the minimum shipping price they have to pay.

Alternatively is to submit your shipping price via the data feed. Meaning that you pre - calculate the info and submit it. Instead of using Google Merchant Shipping Scripting.

I hope this helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel....thank you....your first suggestion doesn't work(minimum shipping price).
I had it like you suggested for a few years now....however all of a sudden I get an email from Google Shopping where they actually went and checked my shipping costs using postcode 6000(Perth) which is the furthest away and of course the shipping is higher than the "minimum shipping price" and that is why they want to suspend my account.

Now let's say I use the furthest away shipping price as minimum price then let's say it would state $30 for shipping.....nobody would buy from me anymore....so I'm thinking of putting it up to $100 as this will cover all products and destinations and just hope that visitors might think this must be wrong and still click on my products. And Google wrote in the same email that I have to overestimate.

I'm now looking at the Google Shopping API to see what can be done.

Thanks again

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok no problem.
BTW if you need help to create a calculator to accurately create a data feed shipping prices please let me know. I have PHP knowledge and might be able to help you. If of course your data feed is created via XML. And you are on a Linux server.

Hope you can fix it.

Kind regards, Emmanuel.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Richard E
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel, thank you.....decided to create/calculate the shipping in the data feed.

Take care

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Richard, I'm facing the same problem with shipping prices. Can you please elaborate on how you solve this please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dylan,

I generate my datafeed using Excel and output is a txt file. I created a macro in Excel to mirror the shipping calculations on my website.
So now my datafeed contains a new column with this header "shipping(countrySmiley Tongueostal code:serviceSmiley Tonguerice)" and each product has a value in that column looking like this ":2000-2234::17 AUD,:0800-0909::18 AUD,:2250-2594::22 AUD,:2595-2610::18 AUD,:2611-2914::22 AUD,:3000-3210::18 AUD,:3211-3996::22 AUD,:4000-4207::18 AUD,:4208-4287::22 AUD,:4300-4305::18 AUD,:4306-4498::22 AUD,:4500-4519::18 AUD,:4520-4895::18 AUD,:5000-5174::18 AUD,:5201-5950::22 AUD,:6000-6206::18 AUD,:6207-7470::22 AUD".

You can find this at "https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en" under "Tax & Shipping".

Hope I could help.....took me 2 days to set this up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Richard, so you had to manually work out the shipping prices for each different shipping zone ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dylan,

kind of.....I had to manually set up calculations for example "If postcode is 2000-2234(Sydney), Shipping cost is "Weight times 1".
As mentioned I had those calculations already set up on my website so I just had to copy them in my Excel macro(That is what took 2 days). So now it happens automatically.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Richard,

I'm struggling to get this to work. Would you be able to share a sample feed file that I possibly can use as a template, please? I think I'm going to have to do these calculations manually since the website don't provide one but I only have about 42 products so should be ok? Site is built on BigCommerce platform.