AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Shipping Percentage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up in the settings a percentage rate of 15% shipping of the product price but our flat rate shipping for small items is a min of 12.95, how to i set up in the data feed the shipping percentage or reference the setting in the merchant circle.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shipping Percentage

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Bill

This is something I would suggest you include within your feed. If you have a developer in your team, they could assist you with this. You can set shipping based on a table where you can select pricing between two points, you may be able to achieve something with this option, however, you must make sure your pricing is not under what will be paid and over-estimate in shipping is always better to provide if exacts are not available.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that I have to specify that in my feed but how, I have looked online with google but it doesn't show a clear explanation on how to set this up. One of my products is priced 3.25 so a flat rate shipping would be 12.95 so in my feed i have this "US:::12.95" without the quotes but what if the product was priced at $125 and want to have the shipping for that product be 15% of the product price. Do I have to calculate it by hand every time or can I can specify this in the feed with a simple algorithm.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
This would be dependant on how the feed is created, updated and maintained.

Is your feed generated from a shopping cart, plugin, manually created or an alternative?

You could create a sum within excel for instance that would carry out the calculation automatically for you, however, depending on your item count this could be a mammoth task.

Does your company have a developer who could alter the feed on generation or before upload?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
manually created from a Google excel doc.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Please visit your Google Merchant Center account dashboard, select from the shipping options - "Rules". 

From here set shipping conditions, by price ranges. You will then be provided with a further option under the shipping rate column, from here you may select percentage of product price, please enter the appropriate value here. 

If you do decide to make these settings within your dashboard, please do remove any shipping attributes from your feed as these will override any settings found in your Google Merchant Center account. 

For the smaller items, either place the shipping value within the feed to override your settings or alternatively, you can set a further rule if they fall under a certain price bracket. 

Tom

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Here are the options available when using a spreadsheet. Where it says attribute name is the column header, where the attribute values is the cell value. I suggest you choose 1 of the 5 options that best suit your needs.

What Tom mentioned about not able to setup a percentage is incorrect, as you have noticed yourself, you can indeed setup a percentage on your product price in your Google Merchant Center settings. You can't in the spreadsheet. However what I want to inform you about is that you will need to ensure that these are accurate. Or that the shipping price reflects the minimum amount that needs to be paid on your checkout. If the price in Google is lower than the price in your checkout than this would be a violation.

So the key is ether accurate or more.

Attribute name:
shipping(countrySmiley Tongueostal codeSmiley Tonguerice)

Attribute values:
US:80302:6.49 USD
US:30*:12.75 USD
US:94002-95460:0 USD, US:900*-901*:15.99 USD

Attribute name:
shipping(country:location id:serviceSmiley Tonguerice)

Attribute values:
US:1012873:Ground:12.99 USD
US:1025433:Express:17.80 USD,US:1014212::25.99 USD

Attribute name:
shipping(country:location group name:serviceSmiley Tonguerice)

Attribute values:
US:western states::0 USD
US:manhattan and surrounding::22.59 USD,US:close to warehouse:Ground:7.78 USD

Attribute name:
shipping(price)

Attribute values:
6.49 USD

Attribute name:
shipping

Attribute values:
US:::6.49 USD
US:CA:Ground:0 USD,US:MA:Express:13.12 USD
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’