AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Set up a Multi-Client Account or Not?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my first Google Shopping client coming on soon through an agency I am working with (their first ecommerce client as well). The client has a merchant center feed, it's linked to Adwords, and they have run shopping ads in the past.

I am trying to determine if I should create a Multi-Client Account? My agency client doesn't specifically pursue ecommerce clients, which is why this is their first, but as a freelancer I may decide to start picking up other clients depending on this experience.

For one client, specifically one that already has a feed set up, I assume it's better just to get them to give me user access?

However, if I start pursuing other ecommerce clients (or the agency does), the MCA makes more sense, right? My issue is I don't want to have to keep track of multiple logins to access all the clients. I am assuming, as with an MCC, I would just be able to link to them with the MCA and have access?

I saw another thread where someone was talking about if the client already had one they would have to abandon their merchant account if they already had one? I believe it was a little older, so I am not sure if that still applies.

Thanks for any insight.

David

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Emmanuel F (Rising Star)
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

creating new email-accounts should no longer be necessary --

adding the same email as users to multiple merchant-center

accounts is a rather new feature that was finally pushed-out

around the end of last month.

although, using separate emails is likely still a best-practice --

simply to keep better track of administering multiple clients.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, from reading this below again, it seems one account can now access multiple client centers. So there is no need to keep track of multiple email addresses.

"In order to access a Google Merchant Center account, you must be added as a user by a Merchant Center account admin. Multiple users are able to access a single Merchant Center, and users can connect their individual Google account with multiple Merchant Center accounts as needed."

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

The MCA is not a system designed for Agencies, unlike MCC is designed for Agencies, the MCA creates allot of problems when you start combining clients into the MCA.

The biggest issue is that you are not aloud to have more than 1 client with the similart products. Which is clearly staded here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188487?hl=en

I simply use new google accounts to add myself as a user

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Emmanuel F (Rising Star)
March 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

creating new email-accounts should no longer be necessary --

adding the same email as users to multiple merchant-center

accounts is a rather new feature that was finally pushed-out

around the end of last month.

although, using separate emails is likely still a best-practice --

simply to keep better track of administering multiple clients.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Thank you for sharing Celebird, I just tested this and it works.

Kudos!

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’