AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Set rule for missing gtin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who has a few products where the gtin is missing. Is there a way to setup a rule in Google Merchant center to dynamically use the MPN when gtin is missing?

The only rule I can seem to create is is to hardcode a string when gtin is missing, but not to reference any other field, like I can with descriptions, for example.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Thomas,

The GTIN needs to be the GTIN. Adding an incorrect number in the space is against Merchant Centre policy.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

First check that the product has a valid bar code, if yes, than you must add this value. If the product has no valid bar code assigned by the manufacturer than do not submit brand, gtin and mpn. And set identifier exists to no.

As indicated by Rob, you can not use fake, inaccurate or invalid bar codes. It must be 100% correct.

So no, you can not use rules to do this.

More info: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324461

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’