AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Selling my book by advertising on Google

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

While I have my own website, I want people who see my ad to go directly to Amazon.com, and purchase the book. Therefore, I don't see any need to make sure that I give my own contact information, or that my web page has all the necessary elements that Google recommends. Am I correct.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to remove an unnecessary photo of the book.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Selling my book by advertising on Google

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
So, the AdWords landing page to which you direct the traffic - is it your own web page? (And users who want to buy are directed to to Amazon's checkout) OR your landing page, is your "store" page on Amazon?

If traffic is directed to your own web site - this web site must comply with the Policy, and include all  the seller's contact details.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Roberto E

From what I can tell you should be okay because Amazon.com is doing the fulfillment. You're not technically the seller.  Amazon clearly has their information displayed. You're serving ads for them so you're actually an affiliate in this kind of scneario. This is worth looking at: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en
but I don't think you have anything to worry about because you are the author, and I'm assuming it's a focused campaign. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
As you have posted in Google Merchant section ie Google Shopping. You can not submit products that direct to website that you can not verify and claim. Knowing that Amazon is not your website this would than not be possible.
Even if the product buy button redirects to Amazon that would be a violation of Google's Policy. You must sell the product via your own page in that case. Only payment gateways can be done via a 3rd party.

I recommend for your purpose to use other Adwords features such as text and display advertising.

If however you can sell the product via your own site, you must comply with all Google Policies and Requirements.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Emmanuel F;

Reading the OP's question - it's clear that this is not a shopping campaign 

@David Kyle;

I don't think it has similarity to affiliate. The OP promotes his own "shop"  (aka "buy box")  directly or by setting a dedicated landing page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@Emmanuel F @MosheTLV

he is not promoting his own shop. He is promoting his book which is sold directly by Amazon.com. He might not have an affiliate account, but that's essentially what is going on.

http://www.amazon.com/Study-65-Exam-Bob-Eder/dp/147012601X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454907071&sr=8-1&...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@David Kyle;

This page can be promoted either directly or  by advertising a landing page which elaborates on the background of the author and the book.

Lets wait for the OP to clarify  the structure.