AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Seller Distribution Without Permission - Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An unauthorised distributor is stocking my clients products then using Google Shopping to sell them. The majority of the time undercutting my client. The brand is trademarked but as I understand trademarked terms are not handled in the same way as text ads. Can anyone advise on the process I would take to cease them advertising a product they do not have legal distribution rights for? If there is one at all. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Seller Distribution Without Permission - Google Shopping

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't think you as an individual are able to do anything about this, the manufacturer might be able to with legal action by court order. I recommend you suggest them to talk to a lawyer about the procedures.

You can also contact Google Adwords for advice, however I don't think they will be able to provide you with advice on this matter.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’