AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Searches within "Products" tab does not work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

"Search" widget withing "Products" tab in my Google Merchant Center does not work. I have about 700 products in my Google Merchant center and I try to search them using terms from their titles and the search results always return as 0.

How can this problem be solved?

Note: I have imported my products into Google Merchant Center using Shopify Google Shopping app. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Searches within "Products" tab does not work

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

As per the help center document, you should do this:-

"Find products by any search term, not just the ID. To perform a search, filter your products by the Status "Searchable" first, then enter a term into the search box, and click "Search.""

Are you sure you are doing it this way?

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello,

As per the help center document, you should do this:-

"Find products by any search term, not just the ID. To perform a search, filter your products by the Status "Searchable" first, then enter a term into the search box, and click "Search.""

Are you sure you are doing it this way?

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I agree with Pankaj.
You should check the search term, you are using. Make sure search term is used in product title/description and that pages are indexed and crawled by Google.

Regards,
Virendra