AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Search Term Queries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible to see search queries for Shopping Ads when the users did not click on a Shopping ads

In Adwords, I can see all search queries when the users clicked but I tought it would be interesting to see the search queries that triggered the ads even if the users did not click

If anyone maybe is using Doubleclick Search? Is the search queries available in the case of impressions only ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers,

Adel

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adel Z
October 2016

Search Term Queries

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

However, an initial 1 click must be done to display the search term. You will never see search terms with 0 clicks and impressions.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Search Term Queries

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Yes! The search term data for Shopping Campaigns in AdWords includes queries that triggered product listing ads, even when the user did not click one. The search terms function the same as regular paid search campaigns in that way.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adel Z
October 2016

Search Term Queries

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

However, an initial 1 click must be done to display the search term. You will never see search terms with 0 clicks and impressions.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Search Term Queries

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi Adel,

I dont think there is a search query report for impressions that didnt end up in a click. 

regards,

Zaby

Search Term Queries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies

I just received the reply below from Doubleclick Search support

So basically, search terms that have triggered Ad's impressions without clicks are simply not available to us even if we use Doubleclick Search or Doubleclick Campaign Manager

The Ad needs necessarly to be clicked to have the data 

I think it would be interesting to know for which search queries our ads are shown even if not clicked

Many Thanks,

Adel

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Adel,

Thanks for writing in, and hope you’re doing well.

I understand you’d like to see the data for the Search Query displayed details of ad with impressions as a baseline.

Just wanted to let you that DS gives up the data only when the Ad is clicked, but not when the Ad is displayed. The feature of Search Query Reports is available in DS. However, being an AdWords specific feature; SQRs in DS consists of AdWords specific conversion metrics like AdWords conversions and performance metrics of AdWords. I’ve also shared a screenshot below for your reference:

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you need any further assistance, and I’ll be glad to look into it for you.

Thanks,

Re: Search Term Queries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

If I have a 2 campaings one generic and one on competitors, and i the generic one catches the competitors terms, will this affect my cpa. if yes, please explain how/why.

Thanks,

Georgiana

Search Term Queries

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

I recommend creating a new thread, as this has nothing to do with the original author's thread.

Your CPC is defined by the search terms triggered, to understand how CPC's are calculated, please read the article below. Do note this is more orienated for Text Ads, but same applies for Shopping Ads.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en

Hope it helps