AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Search Query Reporting for New Shopping Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!  I've begun migrating some of my current PLA campaigns over to Shopping campaigns and wanted to launch any new campaigns going forward as Shopping vs PLA as well until I noticed one major issue: No search query reporting in Shopping campaigns?!?

I've read a few blog posts mentioning that this is a common misconception, as the SQ reporting is only available at the campaign level vs ad group level (still a bummer), but I'm unable to even find that data?  When I navigate to the Keyword tab (campaign level) of a Shopping campaign, the only items displayed are ad group/ campaign level negative keywords. There is no "Details" dropdown where I'd normally navigate to: Details> Search Terms: All.  Has anyone else ran into this or am I just missing something?

It's one thing to migrate an existing PLA campaign to Shopping if you already have some great SQ reporting to apply negatives to your Shopping campaign however to launch a brand new Shopping campaign with no previous SQ data airs on the side of complete insanity (or at the very least is a complete disadvantage to advertisers)!  I'm really hoping that I'm just missing something here and really appreciate any insight you guys can offer.

Thanks so much! Smiley Surprised)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lindsey w
September 2015

Re: Search Query Reporting for New Shopping Campaigns

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Lindsey w,

From reading the following article I found out that search terms are available in the Dimensions tab ( not in the keywords tab where you have been looking)

http://www.periscopix.co.uk/blog/new-google-shopping-campaigns/

"Dimensions – Your usual dimensions with an added shopping report. This is currently the only place to see search query reports and device performance. This is also only at campaign level and you can’t see which product or targeting group triggered which search term.

3rd negative mark – search query data at product level has been invaluable to our optimisations of our product specific PLA campaigns. There is also not a simple way to exclude these search queries from the campaign."

However since the search terms report is not available at the targeting level , it makes optimisation impossible as discussed here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/shopping-campaigns-search-query-report-no...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lindsey w
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Lindsey w,

From reading the following article I found out that search terms are available in the Dimensions tab ( not in the keywords tab where you have been looking)

http://www.periscopix.co.uk/blog/new-google-shopping-campaigns/

"Dimensions – Your usual dimensions with an added shopping report. This is currently the only place to see search query reports and device performance. This is also only at campaign level and you can’t see which product or targeting group triggered which search term.

3rd negative mark – search query data at product level has been invaluable to our optimisations of our product specific PLA campaigns. There is also not a simple way to exclude these search queries from the campaign."

However since the search terms report is not available at the targeting level , it makes optimisation impossible as discussed here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/shopping-campaigns-search-query-report-no...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your help, Adrian! As the article states, this is not a great solution, but at least it's better than no search query data at all. This completely answers my question and I truly appreciate you sharing!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I am happy I could help. Thank you too for asking an interesting question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lindsey, you can see Adgroup level by adding the Adgroup column once you have the search terms shown.