AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

SALE actions in Shopping campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I prevent my Shopping campaigns, running with automatic bidding strategies, from messing up the CPCs, when the shop has an SALE for all articles? - Last time we changed nothing and the CPCs did grow, while the SALE was going on. After ending the SALE, the CPCs were way to high, and the next 2 weeks were the worst ever. 

Do anybody know how to handle a SALE for all products in the shop, when we are using automatic bidding strategies (Target-ROAS) ?

Thank you for your help

Volker

1 Expert replyverified_user

SALE actions in Shopping campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I tend to never do automatic bidding and recommend you do manual bidding.

Even with clients with thousands of products, I do it manually. However I do group best sellers together and remove non sellers.

Automatic bidding works if you have a large amount of sales. If you have a small amount of sales per day, it will not work to your advantage and recommend to do manual bidding and work with ROAS.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’